Designed for Dual Battery Monitoring
The Victron Battery monitor BMV-702 is a high precision battery monitor with a fuel gauge type of display. The essential function of a battery monitor is to calculate ampere-hours consumed and the condition of the charge of the battery. Ampere-hours consumed are calculated by integrating the current flowing in or out of the battery.
One of the main advantages of the BMV702 is the ability to program up the unit to measure the voltage and temperature of a second battery.
The installation can be easily done by someone with electrical experience. All electrical connections go to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt then connects to the the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable.
Included in the installation kit is a 10M RJ12 Cable, 2M Battery cable with fuse.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Time to go at the current rate of discharge
- Programmable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed.
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9,5 – 95 V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Low current consumption: 2,9 Ah per month (4 mA) @12V and 2,2 Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V